Related Links


Siemens provides 253 wind turbines to Statkraft

Statkraft SCA Vind (SSVAB) is set to buy 253 wind turbines with an overall capacity of over 580 MW, from Siemens Energy, for onshore wind power plants in Sweden.

By Renewable Energy Focus

SSVAB and Siemens Energy have inked a framework agreement for the wind turbine supply.

The first firm order involves supplying 37 SWT-2.3-113 direct drive wind turbines for the Mörttjärnberget project, Sweden. The SWT-2.3-113 wind turbine has a capacity of 2.3 MW and a rotor diameter of 113 m.

The agreement encompasses the delivery of 213 SWT-2.3-113 direct drive wind turbines and 40 SWT-2.3-101 geared wind turbines, which are to be supplied by the autumn of 2014.

The Mörttjärnberget project is the first commercial contract for the SWT-2.3-113 wind turbines, devised for low and moderate wind speeds.

Statkraft owns a 60% stake in SSVAB, while Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget SCA owns the rest 40%.

Share this article

More services


This article is featured in:
Wind power